At Happy Mentor, we firmly believe in having the ideation part of ‘Happy Strokes for Corporate Innovations’ in an offsite location. This primarily to make the participants feel the fresh air and enjoy the nature as a happy process of unwinding.
We walk, sit & even talk to trees. Our simple tools like Mudras, BOBS, Alpha are simply cherished in that kind of environment. There is absolutely no pressure on the participants but only joy. Let me explain the logic behind this approach:
- Most of the senior colleagues are highly stressed & they deserve to unwind
- The change in environment without any task is truly enjoyable
- When they are so relaxed, they are able to come out with more creative ideas
- Their absorption is so good that they carry back a lot of personal health benefits for themselves, their families & their colleagues
- The teamwork amongst the participants really improves
- For us at Happy Mentor, follow up during the next six months becomes smoother with the rapport built in that kind of environment
Some people ask whether the unwinding environment will make the participants lethargic. Our experience proves otherwise. They really feel ‘on top of the world’. Of course, we ensure they stay away from liquid ‘Spirituality’.
Turning to the happy and lighter side of life, during an offsite training for a Corporate Organisation, the VP- Marketing started snoring after heavy lunch. The CEO noticed and asked him to summarise what was discussed after lunch. The VP- Marketing reproduced everything verbatim. Later the puzzled CEO asked him, “How was that possible?” The other man replied, “I observed that you were also closing your eyes. Quietly I took the notes of my colleague without your noticing it and read what he had written!! Thank God, you opened your eyes only on hearing the applause of others.”